August 7 – September 19, 2021
Hoosier Salon New Harmony Gallery
507 Church Street
New Harmony, Indiana 47631
Pre-registration deadline: July 26
You must be a current 2021 artist member of the Hoosier Salon JOIN OR RENEW HERE
Delivery of Art to New Harmony: Sunday, August 1, 1-4 PM or Monday, August 2, 1-4 PM
JUROR: Iris Williamson is a curator, arts administrator, and artist. She is the Founding Partner and Director of HOLDING Contemporary in Portland, OR. In addition, she directs and curates the New Harmony Gallery of Contemporary Art at the University of Southern Indiana and teaches at Portland State University. Previous curatorial projects include enter: gallery (NYC), Dugg Dugg (Charlotte, NC), Southern Holiday (Charlotte, NC), and programming for the city Charlotte during the 2012 Democratic National Convention. Williamson has held the positions of Founding Program Director at Converge 45, Assistant Director and Curator at Pacific Northwest College of Art’s Center for Contemporary Art & Culture, and Associate Director at Hap Gallery—all in Portland, Oregon. She also worked as Assistant Director at Freight + Volume in NYC. Williamson received an MA in Critical Theory and Creative Research from Pacific Northwest College of Art, a BFA in Studio Art and Art History from the University of Florida, and a certificate in Museum Studies from Northwestern University.
Over $1,200 in awards including $500 Best of Show and First Place $300
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ENTRY is JULY 26 via mail, P.O. Box 338, New Harmony, IN 47631 or email email@example.com
Entry is FREE to all 2021 Hoosier Art Salon artist members.
Good Ole Summertime is limited to the first 60 artist members who enter.
All applicants must be paid 2021 Hoosier Salon member artists. Membership can be purchased at hoosiersalon.org or by check to Hoosier Salon, PO Box 338, New Harmony, Indiana 47631.
Please register either by mail to P.O. Box 338, New Harmony, In 47631 or email to Lvolz@hoosiersalon.org
Click here for application: Good Ole Summertime Application
The judge will award prizes based on seeing the actual works of art accepted into the show.
A 1-year residency in Indiana (at any time in the life of the artist) is required. Must be a 2021 artist member of the Hoosier Salon.
Both 2D and 3D
Most types of art are eligible: drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, textiles, furniture, etc. However, no photography or digital art is allowed. Subject matter must be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages in a setting open to the general public.
- Works MUST be for sale and reasonably priced. The Hoosier Salon retains 40% commission.
- Hoosier Salon member artists may submit one work of art. Must meet all requirement.
- Works must be original and produced by the entrant. No photography or computer art.
- The accuracy of all identification information is the responsibility of the entrant: applicant’s name, title of the work, media, dimensions and price are final at the time of entry. Check your grammar and spelling, verify OUTSIDE dimensions, and ensure that sale prices are within your current market range.
- Works must have been completed between January 2020 and July 2021 and not previously exhibited in any exhibition with the Hoosier Salon.
- Works must not have been executed in class or under the supervision of an instructor.
- Works must not be straight copies of paintings or published photographs.
- The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to the final interpretation of all rules and acceptable subject matter. Work will be displayed at he Manager’s discretion.
Failure to meet these rules will result in rejection. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to disqualify and revoke awards of any entry in violation of the rules.
- All 2D art must be suitably framed or finished and ready for hanging: use flat strap wires only; no screw eyes are acceptable unless they are on the inside of the stretcher frame. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to determine whether works are ready for display.
- All 3D art must be stable and safe while sitting on a platform or a pedestal or include appropriate museum-quality mount and under 50 pounds. All 3D art that is intended to hang must include a museum-quality mount adequately accounting for the work’s weight. Any work requiring power must be safe, minimal maintenance, and identified at the time of entry.
- Width or height of work including the frame’s OUTSIDE dimensions must not exceed 54” in either direction.
- Plexiglass is preferred for all works and MUST be used instead of glass on any work that is 30” or larger in any direction.
- Please use discretion in the size and weight of 3D works (under 50 pounds).
- Works must be ready for display.
Regulations set forth have been adopted by the Board of Directors of the Hoosier Salon Patrons Association, Inc. Your entry constitutes an agreement with all conditions of this prospectus. Entry rules WILL BE enforced and final decisions about compliance are made by the Hoosier Salon New Harmony Gallery Director. Permission to reproduce works for publicity is considered granted. Works will be handled and exhibited at the risk of the artist; however, every reasonable effort will be made to protect the safety of all works of art. Works are insured for 50% of the established retail value of each item, subject to a maximum of $5,000 for any one item.
Delivery of artwork:
- Must be clearly labeled on the back with Name and Title matching original entry information
- May be delivered to the New Harmony Gallery by the artist or the artist’s agent Sunday, August 1, 1-4 PM or Monday, August 2, 1-4 PM.
- Works being shipped via USPS must be addressed to the Hoosier Salon New Harmony Gallery, P.O. Box 338, New Harmony, Indiana 47631 or any other shipping company mail to 507 Church Street, New Harmony, IN 47631. Shipments will be received between July 26 and August 4.
- All works must be in the possession of Hoosier Salon New Harmony Gallery staff by August 4, 2021, 4 PM
- If you are unable to deliver accepted work during the specified period, call Hoosier Salon (812) 682-3970 to discuss other arrangements.
At New Harmony Gallery: Sunday, September 20, 1-4 PM or by contacting the Gallery Director
The Hoosier Art Salon is grateful for your participation.
For additional information, contact
(812) 682-3970 or firstname.lastname@example.org