Hoosier Art Salon 99th Annual Juried Exhibition
August 26 – October 22, 2023
At the Indiana State Museum, 650 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN
Application Dates: Monday, May 8 – Friday, June 16, 2023
All applications must be made online at juriedartservices.com
Deadline via Juried Art Services: Friday, June 16 – midnight PT
Judges: Shar Coulson and Thomas Caleb Goggans
LAST YEAR’S AWARDS AND SALES:
$5,000 Best of Show
$50,000 + in Awards
$37,000 + Paid to Artists for Works Sold
Eligibility: Artists 18 years and older, who are members of Hoosier Art Salon. A one-year residency in Indiana is required at any time in the life of the artist.
Application Fees: Annual membership fee – $40. Student membership fee – $25.
Join or renew here, or phone (812) 682-3970.
Entry Fee: $60 (up to three works) payable when applying to Juried Art Services.
2023 IMPORTANT DATES
Monday, May 8 – First Day for Entries
Friday, June 16 – Entry Deadline
By Friday, July 14 – Notification of Accepted Works
Thursday, July 27 – Saturday, July 29 – Accepted Works Due to Indiana State Museum (ISM)
Monday, July 31 – Judging Awards at ISM
Wednesday, August 23, 6-9:00 p.m. – Awards and Preview Event at ISM
August 26 – October 22 – Exhibition Open to Public
Monday, October 30 – Wednesday, November 1 – Artist and Buyer Pick up Days at ISM
The Hoosier Art Salon will hold its historic 100th Annual Exhibition in 2024. However, it starts becoming a reality this year as we prepare to accept entries for the 99th Annual Exhibition. Be looking for additional announcements as we ramp up for our year-long centennial celebration of Indiana artists and their artwork. We hope you can be a part of it! To give you what you need to do your best work for entering this year’s Annual Exhibition, a summary of entry information, rules and specifications is below.
Eligible Works – Rules
- Each entrant may submit up to three works, which must be original and produced by the artist between January 2022 and June 2023.
- Most types of media are eligible: both 2D and 3D – drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics, textiles, furniture, etc. However, no photography or digital art are accepted.
- Works must not have been executed in class or under supervision of an instructor.
- Works must not be straight copies of paintings or published photographs.
- Artwork previously accepted into a juried competition outside Indiana is eligible for submission. However, artwork previously accepted into a juried competition in Indiana is not eligible.
- Artwork that has won an award at ANY juried competition – either exhibited online or on location is not accepted.
- The accuracy of all identification information is the responsibility of the entrant: applicant’s name, title of work, media, dimensions of work and price. No price changes can be requested after the delivery date of accepted works.
Sales – Rules
- Works MUST be for sale and within your current price range.
- Hoosier Art Salon retains 40% commission on works that are sold.
- Works MUST remain for the duration of the show.
- Artists are not allowed to sell artwork accepted into the Annual Exhibition prior to the opening. Hoosier Art Salon patrons pay to attend a special Preview Sales Night and expect all works in the exhibition to be available for purchase. (If someone asks to buy your accepted work prior to the Exhibition, please advise them to attend the August 23 Preview Sales Event, or they can buy online through the Hoosier Art Salon website, beginning August 24).
- All accepted works will be displayed and on sale at the Hoosier Art Salon website, or purchase by phone (812) 682-3970.
Complete exhibition prospectus available beginning May 8 at juriedartservices.com.