Congratulations to these artists whose works were juried into the
Hoosier Salon 98th Annual Exhibition
John Michael Carter
Alicia Dawn Criswell
A. Cassia Margolis
J. Rodney Reveal
J. Anna Roberts
David M. Seward
Carol Strock Wasson
Stephanie P. Thomson
Mark Van Buskirk
Mark Vander Vinne
Elisabeth von der Lohe
Hoosier Salon 98th Annual Exhibition Dates
Please add these dates to your calendar.
Entries accepted by Juried Art Services May 2 – June 10
Artists notified whether their work(s) are accepted by June 30. This date has been extended for a few days to allow the judges more time to make decisions. We will post the new date as soon as we confirm it. This delay will not affect the rest of the schedule.
Artists drop off accepted works to ISM July 28-30
Opening Reception & Awards Ceremony August 24 (Wednesday)
Annual Exhibit open to the public August 26 – October 23
Artists and buyers pick up art at ISM October 24th-October 27th
HOOSIER ART SALON 98TH ANNUAL EXHIBITION
At the Indiana State Museum, 650 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
AUGUST 24 – October 23, 2022
ABOUT THE EVENT
Hoosier Art Salon invites artists to apply to Indiana’s longest-running exhibit of art by Indiana artists. A one-year residency in Indiana, at any time in the life of the artist, and membership in the Hoosier Art Salon are required. Hoosier Art Salon has showcased the talents of Indiana artists since the first exhibition in 1925. Preview Sales Event and Awards Ceremony for artists and patrons – Wednesday, August 24, at 6:00 p.m. at the Indiana State Museum.
LAST YEAR’S AWARDS AND SALES:
$35,000 in awards, including $5,000 BEST OF SHOW
$32,000 in Commissions for Works Sold
Application Dates: Monday, May 2 – Friday, June 10
All applications must be made online at juriedartservices.com
Artists 18 years and older, who are members of Hoosier Art Salon. JOIN OR RENEW HERE or phone (812) 682-3970. A one-year residency in Indiana is required at any time in the life of the artist.
FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2022 – at Midnight Pacific Time
NOTIFICATION OF JURY DECISIONS
Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance by email no later than Thursday, June 30.
ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS AND FEES
- Membership fee – $40: All applicants must be paid 2022 Hoosier Art Salon Member Artists. (See above to join or renew).
- Entry fee: $60 which is nonrefundable and cannot be applied to future events.
- All works must be submitted via electronic application to JURIED ART SERVICES by FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2022 – Midnight PT.
- Hoosier Art Salon provides technical assistance to submit entries by contacting Jim May at email@example.com.
- Entries will not be considered complete until payment is made. Be sure to check your password before the deadline. No late entries will be accepted.
- The accuracy of all identification information is the responsibility of the entrant: applicant’s name, title of work, media, dimensions and sales price. Check your grammar, and spelling, and verify OUTSIDE dimensions. Consider carefully the sales price to ensure it is final and within your current market range. These items are considered FINAL AT TIME OF ENTRY.
ELIGIBLE WORKS – RULES
- Each entrant may submit up to three works, which must be original and produced by the artist, between January 2021 and June 2022.
- Most types of mediums are eligible: both 2D and 3D – drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, glass, textiles, furniture, etc. However, photography and digital art are not accepted.
- Works must not have been executed in class or under supervision of an instructor.
- Works must not be straight copies of paintings or published photographs.
- Artwork previously accepted into a juried competition outside Indiana is eligible. However, artwork previously accepted into a juried competition in Indiana is not eligible.
- Artwork that has won an award at ANY juried competition – either exhibited online or on location – is not accepted.
SALES – RULES
- Works MUST remain for the duration of the exhibition.
- Works MUST be for sale and within your current market range.
- Hoosier Art Salon retains a 40% commission on works sold.
- Artists are not allowed to sell artwork accepted into the Annual Exhibition before the Annual Exhibition opens. Hoosier Art Salon patrons pay to attend a special Preview Sales Night and expect all works in the exhibition to be available for purchase. (If someone asks to buy your accepted work prior to the Exhibition, please advise them to attend the August 24 Preview Event which is the first opportunity to see and purchase works, or they can buy online beginning August 25.
- All accepted works will be displayed and on sale at the Hoosier Art Salon website (hoosiersalon.org) beginning August 25 through October 23, or contact Linda Volz (812) 682-3970 to purchase by phone.
- Works must be ready for display.
- All 2D art must be suitably framed or finished and ready for hanging. Use flat strap wires only; no screw eyes are acceptable unless they are on the inside of the stretcher frame.
- All 3D art must be stable and safe while sitting on a platform or pedestal or include appropriate museum-quality mount. Delicate items will be shown in cases. All 3D art that is installed to hang must include a museum-quality mount adequately accounting for the work’s weight. Any work requiring power must be safe, need minimal installation and maintenance and identified at the time of entry.
- Width or height of work including the frame’s OUTSIDE dimensions must not exceed 54” in either direction.
- If your art needs to be under glass, plexiglass is preferred for all works larger than 30” in any direction.
- Please use discretion in the size and width of 3D works.
The Hoosier Salon and Indiana State Museum reserve the right to determine whether works are ready for display.
Delivery of ACCEPTED works to the Indiana State Museum
Artists will receive detailed instructions by July 1 about delivering or shipping ACCEPTED works for awards jurying and exhibition at the Indiana State Museum.
- Works must be clearly labeled on the back with name and title matching original entry information.
- Works must be delivered to the Indiana State Museum by the artist or the artist’s agent, Thursday, July 28-Saturday, July 30.
- Works being SHIPPED must be addressed to the Indiana State Museum Admin Dock/721 W Wabash, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Shipments will be received following notification through July 30.
- ALL accepted works must be in the possession of Indiana State Museum staff by Saturday, July 30, 2022, 5 p.m.
- If you are unable to deliver work during the specified period, call Linda Volz, Hoosier Salon (812) 682-3970 to discuss other arrangements.
Failure to meet requirements will result in rejection. Hoosier Art Salon reserves the right to disqualify and revoke awards of any entry found in violation of rules.
Regulations set forth have been adopted by the Board of Directors of the Hoosier Art Salon Patrons Association, Inc. Your entry constitutes an agreement with all conditions of this prospectus. Entry rules will be enforced and final decisions about compliance are made by Hoosier Art Salon’s Executive Committee. Permission to reproduce works for publicity is considered granted. Works will be handled and exhibited at the risk of the artist; however, every reasonable effort will be made to protect the safety of all works of art. Works are insured for 50% of the established real value of each item, subject to a maximum of $5,000 for any one item.
MEET OUR JUDGES
David Mueller lives in the greater Cincinnati area and graduated from The American Academy of Art in Chicago.
Mueller has been accepted into national and regional exhibitions including: The Art Renewal Center, National Oil and Acrylic Painters, The International Museum of Contemporary Master of Fine Art and Viewpoint (Cincinnati Art Club). He is recognized as a master signature artist in the Oil Painters of America.
Mueller has taught painting and drawing for more than 24 years, and his work has been exhibited in galleries in Los Angeles, New York and London.
Dawn Whitelaw is based in Tennessee. She is a member of Plein Air Painters of the Southeast, the Portrait Society of America and Oil Painters of America, and she has been elected to master status by the American Impressionist Society.
She graduated from David Lipscomb University and served as an adjunct teacher in the university’s art department for more than 30 years.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICPATION
Hoosier Art Salon is grateful for your participation. For additional information, contact Linda Volz (812) 682-3970 or visit hoosiersalon.org.