Entries will be accepted online May 3 – June 11
Hoosier Salon Artist members will receive a postcard in the mail, plus an email when the entry site opens.
If you are not on our email list, but would like to receive notification about entering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoosier Salon 97th Annual Exhibition
August 21 – October 24
Indiana State Museum
A one-year residency in Indiana (at any time in the life of the artist) is required.
Both 2D and 3D. Most types of art are eligible: drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, textiles, furniture, etc. However, no photography or digital art is allowed.
- Works MUST be for sale and reasonably priced.
- Artists are not allowed to sell artwork accepted into the Annual Exhibition before the Annual Exhibition opens. Hoosier Salon patrons pay to attend preview night and expect all works in the exhibition to be available for sale at the beginning of the preview event. If someone asks to buy your work accepted into the exhibition, please advise them to attend the Aug. 19 preview event or purchase the work online (through the Hoosier Salon website) after the preview event concludes.
- The Hoosier Salon retains a 40% commission on works that are sold.
- Works must be original and produced by the entrant.
- Works must have been completed between January 2020 and June 2021.
- Works must not have been preciously juried into an Indiana exhibit.
- Artwork previously entered into a juried competition outside of Indiana is eligible for entry, if the work did not receive an award.
- Works must not have been executed in class or under supervision of an instructor.
- Works must not be straight copies of paintings or published photographs.
- The accuracy of all identification information is the responsibility of the entrant: applicant’s name, title of work, media, dimensions and price. Check your grammar and spelling, verify OUTSIDE dimensions, and ensure that sales prices are within your current market ranges. These items are considered FINAL AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. Artists who wish to change a price may make that request when artwork is delivered, however Hoosier Salon is not obligated to approve the request. NO PRICE CHANGES CAN BE REQUESTED AFTER THE DELIVERY DATE.
Failure to meet these requirements will result in rejection. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to disqualify and revoke awards of any entry found in violation of the rules.
- All 2D art must be suitably framed or finished and ready for hanging: use flat strap wires only; no screw eyes are acceptable unless they are on the inside of the stretcher frame. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to determine whether works are ready for display.
- All 3D art must be stable and safe while sitting on a platform or a pedestal or include appropriate museum-quality mount. Delicate items will be shown in cases. All 3D art that is intended to hang must include a museum-quality mount adequately accounting for the work’s weight. Any work requiring power must be safe, need minimal installation and maintenance and identified at the time of entry.
- Width or height of work including the frame’s OUTSIDE dimensions must not exceed 54” inches in either direction.
- Plexiglass is preferred for all works and MUST be used instead of glass on any work that is 30” or larger in any direction.
- Please use discretion in the size and weight of 3D works.
- Works must be ready for display.
Delivery of ACCEPTED works to the Indiana State Museum
Artists accepted into the 97th Annual Exhibition will receive detailed instructions between July 9 – 14 about delivering or shipping ACCEPTED works for awards jurying and exhibition at the Indiana State Museum.
- Works must be clearly labeled on the back with name and title matching original entry information.
- Works may be delivered to the Indiana State Museum by the artist or the artist’s agent, Thursday, July 22 – Saturday, July 24.
- LAST DAY TO DELIVER ART IN PERSON – Saturday, July 24.
- Works being SHIPPED must be addressed to the Indiana State Museum Admin Dock / 721 W Wabash, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
- Shipments will be received between July 14 – 19.
- ALL accepted works must be in the possession of Indiana State Museum staff by July 24, 2021, 5 p.m.
- If you are unable to deliver work during the specified period, call Linda Volz, Hoosier Salon (812) 682-3970 to discuss other arrangements.
Regulations set forth have been adopted by the Board of Directors of the Hoosier Salon Patrons Association, Inc. Your entry constitutes an agreement with all conditions of this prospectus. Entry rules will be enforced and final decisions about compliance are made by the Hoosier Salon’s Executive Committee. Permission to reproduce works for publicity is considered granted. Works will be handled and exhibited at the risk of the artist; however, every reasonable effort will be made to protect the safety of all works of art. Works are insured for 50% of the established real value of each item, subject to a maximum of $5,000 for any one item.