HOOSIER SALON ANNUAL EXHIBIT
Entries are now closed. Entrants will be notified of acceptance by July 15, 2020
If you are not on our email list, but would like to receive notifications about entering, please email email@example.com
Hoosier Salon 96th Annual Exhibition
August 29 – October 25
Indiana State Museum
Look for more information coming soon!
Hoosier Art Salon 96th Annual Exhibition Entry Instructions
All applications must be made online at JuriedArtServices.com
Application Dates: May 15 – June 30, 2020
Entry Fee: $60 for up to three works
All applicants must be paid 2020 Hoosier Salon member artists. If you are not currently a member, you may join or renew as part of the entry process.
A one-year residency in Indiana (at any time in the life of the artist) is required.
Both 2D and 3D. Most types of art are eligible: drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, textiles, furniture, etc. However, no photography or digital art is allowed. Subject matter must be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages in a setting open to the general public.
- Works MUST be for sale and reasonably priced. Documentation of recent two-year sales history may be required if the Hoosier Salon disagrees with prices set.
- The Hoosier Salon retains a 40% commission on works that are sold.
- Works must be original and produced by the entrant.
- Works must have been completed between January 2019 and June 2020.
- (New this year) Artwork previously entered into a juried exhibition outside of Indiana is now eligible for entry.
- Works must not have been previously juried into an Indiana exhibit.
- Works must not have been executed in class or under the supervision of an instructor.
- Works must not be straight copies of paintings or published photographs.
- The accuracy of all identification information is the responsibility of the entrant: applicant’s name, title of work, media, dimensions and price are final at the time of entry. Check your grammar and spelling, verify OUTSIDE dimensions, and ensure that sale prices are within your current market range.
Failure to meet these rules will result in rejection. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to disqualify and revoke awards of any entry in violation of the rules.
- All 2D art must be suitably framed or finished and ready for hanging: use flat strap wires only; no screw eyes are acceptable unless they are on the inside of the stretcher frame. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to determine whether works are ready for display.
- All 3D art must be stable and safe while sitting on a platform or a pedestal or include appropriate museum-quality mount. Delicate items will be shown under glass. All 3D art that is intended to hang must include a museum-quality mount adequately accounting for the work’s weight. Any work requiring power must be safe, minimal maintenance and identified at the time of entry.
- Width or height of work including the frame’s OUTSIDE dimensions must not exceed 54” inches in either direction.
- Plexiglass is preferred for all works and MUST be used instead of glass on any work that is 30” or larger in any direction.
- Please use discretion in the size and weight of 3D works.
- Works must be ready for display.
Entrants will be notified of their acceptance or non-acceptance no later than July 15, 2020.