93rd Annual Hoosier Salon
July 27 – October 8, 2017
Indiana State Museum, Indianapolis, IN
Awards & Preview Event – July 26, 2017 – 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Application Starts: Mar 31, 2017
Application Deadline: June 10, 2017 – midnight PT
Over $30,000 in Awards including $5,000 Best of Show and People’s Choice
$60 nonrefundable entry fee includes up to three works. All applicants must be paid 2017 Hoosier Salon member artists. Membership must be purchased at hoosiersalon.org or by phone at (317) 669-6052.
All applications must be made online at Juried Art Services.com.
A panel of judges will select works submitted from digital images for inclusion in the exhibition. The judges will award prizes based on seeing the actual works of art accepted into the show.
A one-year residency in Indiana (at any time in the life of the artist) is required. Must be a 2017 Artist Member of the Hoosier Salon.
Eligible Works (Both 2D and 3D)
Most types of art are eligible: Drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, ceramics, sculpture, textiles, furniture, etc. However, no photography or digital art is allowed. Subject matter must be appropriate for viewing by audiences of all ages in a setting open to the general public.
- Works MUST be for sale and reasonably priced. Documentation of recent 2-year sales history may be required if the Hoosier Salon disagrees with prices set. The Hoosier Salon retains 40% commission.
- Works must be original and produced by the entrant.
- The accuracy of all identification information is the responsibility of the entrant: applicant’s name, title of the work, media, dimensions and price are final at the time of entry. Check your Grammar and Spelling, verify OUTSIDE dimensions, and ensure that sale prices are within your current market range.
- Works must have been completed between January 2016 and June 2017 and not previously exhibited in any juried exhibition.
- Works must not have been executed in class or under the supervision of an instructor.
- Works must not be straight copies of paintings or published photographs.
- 2D works juried into the show may tour through Indiana following the Annual Exhibition. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to determine whether works will travel.
Failure to meet these rules will result in rejection. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to disqualify and revoke awards of any entry in violation of the rules.
- All 2D art must be suitably framed or finished and ready for hanging: use flat strap wires only; no screw eyes are acceptable unless they are on the inside of the stretcher frame. The Hoosier Salon reserves the right to determine whether works are ready for display.
- All 3D art must be stable and safe while sitting on a platform or a pedestal or include appropriate museum-quality mount. Delicate items will be shown under glass. All 3D art that is intended to hang must include a museum-quality mount adequately accounting for the work’s weight.
- Width or height of work including the frame’s OUTSIDE dimensions must not exceed 54” in either direction.
- Plexiglass is preferred for all works and MUST be used instead of glass on any work that is 30” or larger in any direction.
- Please use discretion in the size and weight of 3D works.
- Works must be ready for display.
Notification of Jury Decisions
Artists will be notified by email of acceptance or non-acceptance no later than Monday, July 3, 2017. Those artists accepted into the 93rd Annual Exhibition will receive detailed instructions about delivering or shipping ACCEPTED works for awards jurying and exhibition at the Indiana State Museum. Delivery dates are Thursday, July 13 through Saturday, July 15, 2017. All works must be at the Indiana State Museum by 6 PM on July 15, 2017.
Regulations set forth have been adopted by the Board of Directors of the Hoosier Salon Patrons Association, Inc. Your entry constitutes an agreement with all conditions of this prospectus. Entry rules WILL BE enforced and final decisions about compliance are made by the Hoosier Salon’s executive director. Permission to reproduce works for publicity is considered granted. Works will be handled and exhibited at the risk of the artist; however, every reasonable effort will be made to protect the safety of all works of art. Works are insured for 50% of the established retail value of each item, subject to a maximum of $5,000 for any one item.
Delivery of ACCEPTED works for the Annual Exhibition
- Must be clearly labeled on the back with Name and Title matching original entry information
- May be delivered to the Indiana State Museum by the artist or the artist’s agent from Thursday, July 13 through Saturday, July 15 from 10 AM to 6 PM
- LAST DAY TO DELIVER ART – July 15
- Works being shipped must be addressed to the Hoosier Salon Carmel Gallery / 22 North Rangeline Road / Carmel, IN 46032. Shipments will be received between July 5 and July 12. Works shipped to the Indiana State Museum will be refused
- All accepted works must be in the possession of Hoosier Salon staff by July 15, 2017, 6 PM
- All accepted works must still be for sale on July 26, 2017.
- If you are unable to deliver accepted work during the specified period, call Hoosier Salon (317) 669-6050 to discuss other arrangements